Use a visual tool to drive the right conversations on the right topic on the right time, and capture your vision, strategy, tactics, and evidence on a single A3, also known as the hoshin kanri x-matrix, in order to:
- involve everyone in its cocreation;
- make sure you are doing the right things;
- align all stakeholders to create a laser focus on vital breakthrough aspirations;
- focus all energy on a few crucial goals;
- integrate daily management and operations with strategy;
- provide structured and fast feedback to check progress;
- stay on track and adjust course if needed.
A new design of the traditional hoshin kanri x-matrix aims to make it easier to read and maintain. Rather than having upside-down and vertical tekst, the new design only uses horizontal text.
A hoshin kanri x-matrix is:
- holistic—covers all aspects and stakeholders of your enterprise;
- fact- and evidence-based—crystal clear OKRs help drivers and leaders make timely and right decisions;
- complete—plans are ready to execute when it is clear what you want to achieve and how you will approach it;
- inclusive—involves everyone in the interactive cocreative process of catchball;
- integrated—is integrated on all levels of your organisations, including incentive systems.
Hoshin (方針) means “compass (管理), or pointing the direction,” and Kanri means “management or control”. Combined, these two words show that hoshin kanri is essentially the process for Strategic Direction Setting.
Take a deep dive at hoshin kanri.